Lomo (pork Loin) is one of the most noble and highest quality parts of the Ibérico pork; Its characteristic aroma and profound flavor along with its marbled fat make it very, very unique.
The Lomo Ibérico de Bellota is also known for being healthy, as it has a high percentage of nutrients and low proportion of fat, cholesterol and calories, these in turn help aid in its wonderful flavor as well provide good nutrients for your body.
Experts say that after Jamón Pata Negra, the Lomo 100% Ibérico de Bellota is the second-healthiest pork meat product.
How is Lomo Ibérico (Iberico Pork Loin) made?
Instead of minced meat, like Salami or Chorizo, the Lomo (pork loin) is made from the whole piece of Ibérico de Bellota pork loin and stuffed in a natural casing.
It is made out of 100% acorn-fed Ibérico pork loin without the outer fat, then marinated with salt, paprika, and other natural spices.
Once the marinating process is done, it is then stuffed in a natural casing and later lightly smoked in a wood fired chimney and slowly cured in natural dryers.
How Lomo Ibérico (Iberico Pork Loin) Cured for?
The Iberico Pork loin (Lomo Ibérico) is cured for a minimum time of 5 to 6 months.
How is Lomo Ibérico (Iberico Pork Loin) enjoyed?
In order to enjoy our Artisanal Lomo 100% Ibérico de Bellota, follow these tips:
- Before opening the package, store it in a cool and dry place.
- Once opened, keep refrigerated.
- Consume within 30 days.
- Do not serve cold! Enjoy at room temperature to get all the aromas and unique complex flavor.
- Slice thinly with a very sharp knife.
- Discard the non-edible natural casing of the slices before consuming.
- Enjoy with some sliced bread or our authentic Picos Camperos.
- Pair with some Manchego Cheese and your favorite red wine.
Where can I buy Lomo Ibérico (Iberico Pork Loin):
It’s simple. At Iberico Club we import the finest artisanal Lomo 100% Ibérico de Bellota in the USA. Honestly, give it a try!
For the best delicacies from Spain in the USA visit us at IbericoClub.com