Health & Nutrition Facts of Ibérico Ham.
Acorn-fed Ibérico ham (Jamón Ibérico de Bellota) is one of the jewels of the Mediterranean diet.
Acorn-fed Iberico ham is a delicacy with countless benefits. Besides being a treat for the palate, it is good for our health.
- Jamón Ibérico de Bellota is a low-calorie, vitamin-rich food that contains 50% more protein than fresh meat. 50 grams of Acorn-fed Ibérico ham has only about 150 calories.
- Iberian ham is an antioxidant and is high in vitamin E. When enjoyed with tomato its beneficial effects are doubled.
- The quality of acorn-fed Iberian ham fat is excellent, like olive oil. It is over 50% Oleic Acid, which facilitates the production of HDL (“good”) cholesterol in the body, while reducing LDL (“bad cholesterol”).
- Moderate consumption helps maintain adequate levels of cholesterol and prevent cardiovascular disease.
- It offers a generous supply of B vitamins, especially B1 and B2 (just 100 grams of Iberian ham provide 24% of the recommended daily intake of this vitamin).
- It is rich in Iron, Magnesium, Zinc and Calcium, but especially Phosphorus, providing 30% of the daily recommended intake.