- 2 lb of Artichokes
- 2.5 oz of Jamón Ibérico de Bellota (1 package of Iberico Club’s Pata Negra)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Lemon juice
- Get rid of the outer leaves of the artichoke until we see the lighter ones. With a sharp, serrated kitchen knife, cut about one inch from the top of the Artichoke. Then, trim the stem about one half inch. Remember, the Artichoke stem is a continuation of the Heart, so don’t cut it off. Place the artichokes in a bowl with water and lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place rinsed and trimmed artichokes directly into the pot of rapidly boiling water. Cover the pot with the lid and let artichokes cook at a high simmer on stove until they are tender. Cooking time can vary, depending on the size of the Artichokes. A good approximation is 30 minutes for a medium-sized artichoke or 45 minutes for a jumbo-sized artichoke.
- Sauté the garlic in a pan with extra virgin Olive Oil. Then cut each artichoke in half, place them in the pan and lightly stir fry.
- Finally place the artichokes with the garlic in a plate and put the slices of Jamón Pata Negra on top. You can add a hint of extra virgin Olive Oil if you want.
Ready to enjoy Artichokes with Jamón Ibérico!
And don’t forget to visit us at Ibérico Club to get the finest ham in the world and other artisanal delicacies imported from Spain.