- 2 lb of Artichokes
- 2.5 oz of Jamón Ibérico de Bellota (1 package of Iberico Club’s Pata Negra)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Lemon juice
How to prepare
- Begin by rinsing your artichoke under cold water, drying them with a paper towel and then getting rid of the outer leaves until the lighter-ones are visible.
- With a sharp serrated kitchen knife, cut about one inch from the top of the Artichoke, then, follow by trimming about half an inch of the stem. (Note: Remember that the Artichoke stem is a continuation of the Heart, so don’t cut it off).
- Continue by placing the artichokes in a bowl with water and lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- While the artichoke sits on the bowl with water and lemon, bring a large pot of water to boil, add salt, and place the artichoke in the boiling pot and cover the pot with a lid to allow the artichokes to cook until they are nice and tender.
- Cooking time for the artichokes can vary; a good approximation is 30 minutes for a medium-sized artichoke or 45 minutes for a jumbo-size.
- Once the artichokes are nice and tender, take them out, and cut each artichoke in a half.
- Now, sauté garlic in a pan with Olive Oil, then follow by introducing the artichoke halves and lightly stir fry them.
- Last but not least, begin plating by placing the artichokes with the garlic in the center of the plate and topping them with slices of Jamon Iberico de Bellota (Pata Negra).
You are now ready to enjoy Artichokes with Jamón Ibérico! 🙂
View our free Tapas Academy video recipes!