- 1 Medium sized pumpkin
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Leak
- 2 Tbs of cream cheese
- 2 Tbs of heavy cream
- 2 Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 slices of Jamón Ibérico
How to prepare
- First, cut the pumpkin in two and take out the seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 330F, then place the two pumpkin halves upside down and roast them in the oven for 60 minutes at 330F degrees.
- Once the time has lapsed, take the pumpkin halves out of the oven and separate the skin from the flesh of the pumpkin. (save the skin for later)
- Now place the vegetable broth and olive oil in a pot with the pumpkin flesh, the potatoes and the leak, and bring them to a boil.
- Add salt to taste, then bring down the heat and let it cook for another 20 minutes.
- Now that it has cooked for an additional 20 minutes, place the cooked vegetables in a food processor, add the cream cheese, the heavy cream, part of the broth and blend until the texture is creamy (add more broth if needed).
- Serve in a normal bowl or get fancy and use small pumpkins to serve the soup.
- Finally put the slices of the best ham on earth (Jamon Iberico de Bellota), and some croutons.
You are now ready to enjoy Pumpkin soup with Jamón Ibérico and Croutons!
View our free Tapas Academy video recipes!