- 6 Eggs
- 4 medium potatoes
- 8 slices of Acorn-fed Iberico Ham
- Olive oil
- Black grounder pepper (optional)
- Begin by peeling the potatoes, slice them and then lightly fry them in olive oil; they should be half fried and a bit soft.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, place them in a flat plate and sprinkle salt to taste.
- Fry the eggs in olive oil (on medium heat) just until the egg whites are no longer transparent. We want to achieve a consistency of a soft fried egg to be soft with a nice textured yolk that is not overcooked.
- Once the eggs have reached the desired consistency from the previous step, take them out of the olive oil and place them on top of the deliciously fries. Put some salt on the eggs as well. You can also put some grounded black pepper on top, but it’s optional.
- With the egg on-top of the fries, add a pinch of salt, and optionally ground pepper.
- Finally, put the Jamon Iberico de Bellota on top of the eggs, leave it for 2-3 minutes, so the heat begins to steam the jamon ibecio so that it starts to "melt" a little and brings out its delicious aroma and texture.
How to eat:
Just before eating, you should break the eggs and mix well with the potatoes and the Ibérico ham. After that, nothing is left but enjoying this simple and delicious Spanish dish!
View our free Tapas Academy video recipes!