Jamón Ibérico Croquettes
“Croquetas de Jamón” is one of the most iconic dishes in Spain. They can be enjoyed as a tapa or as a main dish. Croquettes can be made of many ingredients (jamon, lobster, cod, chicken…). In this recipe, we are going to show you how to prepare the best Jamón Croquettes.
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3 oz of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of thinly chopped onion
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 2.5 oz of Jamon Iberico de Bellota (1 package of Ibérico Club’s Pata Negra)
- White pepper
How to prepare
- Bring the milk and the heavy cream to boil in a pot and leave them to cook on slow heat for 20 minutes.
- In another pot, add butter and olive oil and cook the onions until they are golden brown.
- Once the onion are golden brown, add Iberico ham Ibérico ham thinly chopped, followed by flour and cook on slow heat for 10 minutes.
- Now, slowly add the milk and heavy cream that we previously boiled while steadily stirring. Allow this to cook for an additional 10 minutes while constantly stirring; add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Place the mixture in a wide low container and place in the fridge for 4 or 5 hours at least.
- Take out of the fridge and divide the croquette mixture into 18 equal portions.
- Using wet hands, roll the portions into oval croquettes.
- Drench each croquette first in the flour, then dip in the beaten eggs and then coat on breadcrumbs and transfer to a plate.
- Now in a frier, add vegetable oil, fry the croquettes and get ready to enjoy them!
‣ For the best Jamon 100% Iberico de Bellota in the USA, visit us here.
‣ For the best delicacies from Spain in the USA visit us at IbericoClub.com
Check out our free Tapas Academy video recipes!
Products in this recipe
Show us your ♥