Ingredients (for 18 croquettes)
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 3 oz of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of thinly chopped onion
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 2.5 oz of Jamón Ibérico de Bellota (1 package of Ibérico Club’s Pata Negra)
- White pepper
For the batter:
- 2 eggs
- Bread crumbs
- Bring the milk and the heavy cream to the boil in a pot and leave to cook on a slow heat for 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil and the butter in another pot and cook the onion until golden brown. Then add the Ibérico ham thinly chopped. Add the flour and cook on a slow heat for 10 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk and heavy cream that we previously boiled steadily stirring. Leave to cook another 10 minutes without stopping the stir. Add some salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Place the mixture in a wide low recipient and save in the fridge for 4 or 5 hours at least.
- Take out of the fridge and divide the croquette mixture into 18 equal portions. Using wet hands, roll the portions into oval croquettes. Dredge each croquette first in the flour, then dip in the beaten eggs; coat the croquettes with bread crumbs and transfer to a platter. Finally fry the croquettes in vegetable oil and you’re ready to enjoy!
And don’t forget to visit us at www.ibericoclub.com to get the best ham in the world.