We dare you to find a better filling for these succulent garlic mushrooms.
- 12 large white mushrooms, stems separated from caps
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota
- Fresh ground pepper
How to prepare
- Clean mushrooms using a damp paper towel. Rub with lemon juice to keep from browning.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in large sauté pan on medium heat. Finely chop stems and add to pan with a pinch of salt. Cook until soft and add garlic, cooking until fragrant and stems brown. Place stems mixture in separate bowl.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and place mushrooms face down to cook the underside. Cook for 7-10 minutes until soft and browned.
- While mushrooms are cooking, mix jamon iberico with stem mixture. Add a pinch of black pepper.
- Flip mushrooms and fill with jamon and stem mixture, cooking until jamon is warm and fat begins to melt. Serve warm.
View our free Tapas Academy video recipes!