Ingredients (2 people)
- 4 endives
- 8 slices of Pata Negra Ibérico Ham
- 3.5 oz of sweet Gorgonzola Cheese
- 3 Table spoons of heavy cream
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Oregano or Thyme
- Discard any of the endive’s bruised or wilted outer leaves. Cut away a thin slice from the root end to remove the usually discolored surface portion of the stem. Wash the endive under cold running water, then shake off the moisture.
- Boil the endives for 15 minutes. Let them cool down over paper towel. While the endives are cooling down, put the Gorgonzola cheese and the heavy cream in a heated pan and when it starts to boil turn down the heat and leave for 5 minutes stirring every once in a while until it’s completely mixed.
- Cut each endive in four pieces lengthwise and put in a heated pan with olive oil until they are lightly brown.
- Wrap each endive with the Ibérico Ham and place in the serving plate.
- Mix some oregano and/or thyme with 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pour it over the endives. Add some salt and finish putting the Gorgonzola cheese.
Enjoy the unique flavor and texture of this plate, and make sure to visit us at IbericoClub.com for some of the finest ham in the world.