Ingredients (2 people)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of salt
For the tartare Ibérico ham:
- 7 ounces of Acorn-fed Ibérico ham (3 hand carved packages from ibericoclub.com)
- 1/2 cup of gherkin pickle (not sweet)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives
- 4 capers
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Black pepper and salt
- Olive Oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Half ounce of Iberian pork lard
- Mix salt and sugar and put half of the mix in a plate. Place the yolks in the plate and cover with the other half of the mix. Set aside for 40 about minutes. After this time, gently bathe yolks in water for 5 minutes to clean and set aside to drain on a paper towel lightly brushed with olive oil.
- Chop acorn-fed Ibérico ham in small cubes and set aside. Chop gherkins, fresh chives and capers, and mix with vinegar, mustard and some olive oil in a bowl. Add Ibérico ham cubes, and mix with some Ibérico pork lard. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix together all of the ingredients until the mix starts to bind together.
- To serve, divide mixture into 2 equal portions, and shape each into an oval disk on a serving plate.
- Top with a cured egg yolk and accompany with a slice of sourdough bread and rocket. Season and serve immediately.
And remember to visit us to get the tastiest cured meat in the world, Jamón Ibérico de Bellota.