Delicious, delicate and elegant acorn-fed Jamón Ibérico Tartare recipe. No cooking needed! Perfect Jamón Ibérico recipe for a Keto diet (or any other diet!).
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 7 ounces of Acorn-fed Ibérico ham (3 hand carved packages from ibericoclub.com)
- 1/2 cup of gherkin pickle (not sweet)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives
- 4 capers
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Black pepper and salt
- Olive Oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Half ounce of Iberian pork lard
How to prepare
- Begin by mixing Salt and Sugar together and then dividing the mix into 2 separate plates.
- On the first plate of salt and sugar, add the egg yolks and cover them with the second set of salt and sugar mix and let it sit aside for about 40minutes to let the egg yolks cure.
- Once the 40minutes have lapsed, gently bathe/rinse the egg yolks under water for approximately 5 minutes or until they are clean, then let them sit on a lightly oiled paper-towel so they are easy to pick up later.
- With the egg yolks aside, cut some acorn-fed Ibérico ham into small cube pieces and set aside.
- On a separate bowl, chop gherkins, fresh chives and capers, and mix with vinegar, mustard and some olive oil in a bowl.
- Add the Ibérico ham cubes from step #4 as well as some Ibérico pork lard to the bowl on step #5.
- On the bowl, mix all the ingredients (minus the egg) together until you notice that the mix is starting to bind together.
- Now that the mixture is combines, divide the 2 mixture into equal portions, and shape each one into a circular shape and place each on a serving plate.
- Top with the cured egg yolk you set aside earlier and serve.
- You may accompany this dish with a slice of sourdough bread and some greens.
- Season and serve immediately & enjoy!
View our free Tapas Academy video recipes!