Manchego Toast Tapa with Tomato, Anchovies, and Vinegar Reduction
A good aged Manchego cheese is delicious by itself. Also, the silky and firm anchovies from the Cantabrian Sea in the North of Spain are totally delicious. Now, when paired in a tapa with a good country bread, some ripe tomato and a vinegar reduction, we are talking of whole new level.
It’s actually several tapas in one. First you have the iconic Pan Tumaca (toasted bread with rubbed tomato). Then you have Pan Tumaca with Anchovies. And after that, you add the best Reserva Manchego Cheese in the world, and a few more ingredients! There you have it. Now go and fall in love.
Enjoy this toast as a healthy and delectable tapa at any time of the day!
- 4 Slices of Bread
- 2 Eggs
- 9 oz of Manchego Cheese
- 200 ml of black vinegar
- 8 anchovies
- 2 tomatoes
- 8 tbsp sugar
How to prepare
- Hard-boil the eggs by placing them in water for 10 minutes. Once done, take them out and slice them into circular pieces.
- Begin making the reduction by placing vinegar in a pot and adding the sugar. Let the vinegar reduce until it makes a thick sauce.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F and place the slices of bread to toast for a few minutes.
- Grab the tomatoes and grate them against the grater, collect the grated tomato and place it on top of the toasted bread.
- Continue by adding 2 anchovies on each bread follow by slices of manchego cheese and top them off with slices of hard-boiled egg and sprinkled reduced vinegar.
Products in this recipe
Yurrita Premium Anchovy fillets from the Cantabrian Sea, Spain. 3.5 oz
Yurrita Anchovy fillets from the Cantabrian Sea are the largest caliber anchovy fillets and with a lower amount of salt...
Unique Artisanal Manchego Cheese “Gran Reserva” Dehesa de los Llanos 8.8 Ounces
The only Spanish Cheese awarded as “The Best Cheese in the World.” Made with pure raw milk (not pasteurized) in...