Ingredients for 2 people)
- 1 and 1/3 of a cup of Shari rice (cooked sushi rice)
- 1 Nori sheet (seaweed)
- 7 ounces of Acorn-fed Ibérico Ham (3 Ibérico Club’s hand carved packages)
- 7 ounces of Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of wheat flour
- 7/8 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- Olive Oli
- 3.5 ounces of Arugula
- Basil leaves
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Pea sprouts
For the tomato sauce:
- 2 ounces of dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of yuzu (or lime) juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Sushi Rolling Mat
- Cut the cheese into four sticks (3.5″ x 0.5″).
- Beat eggs.
- Put flour into shallow dish and roll the mozzarella sticks lightly in flour, shaking off any excess.
- One by one, dip the sticks into the beaten egg, coating completely, and then roll in the panko bread crumbs.
- Fry the cheese sticks in a pan with some oil and drain on paper towels.
- Soak dried tomatoes in water for about 20 minutes. To make the tomato sauce, place tomatoes in the blender, add yuzu (or lime) juice, a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Blend, add the capers and set aside.
- Wrap sushi mat in plastic wrap. Fold pieces of nori seaweed in half and split them in two.
- Cover the seaweed with a layer of rice about 0.2 inches thick so that a little rice extends beyond the sides of the seaweed rectangle. Remove the seaweed and rice from the mat and place half of the ibérico ham slices on top, so that the ham covers the rice completely. Place half of the tomatoes on top of the ham and garnish with two cheese sticks, arugula, basil leaves and sprouts.
- Place the remaining ibérico ham on the mat. Make a roll using the mat. Wrap the roll in plastic wrap to ease cutting, and cut cross-wise into 8 pieces. Make another roll in the same way.
- Decorate each roll with a caper. Accompany with tomato sauce.
And remember to visit us to get the tastiest cured meat in the world, Jamón Ibérico de Bellota.