Restaurant Worthy Clams with Chorizo Ibérico
A simple one-pot seafood dinner featuring the finest Artisanal Chorizo Ibérico de Bellota. A 15-minute recipe that looks and tastes delicious. Here’s how to prepare it.
- 3 oz. Artisanal Chorizo Ibérico de Bellota, casing removed and diced
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. fingerling or other small potatoes, halved
- 1 small fennel bulb, bulb and stems thinly sliced and fronds separated
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced, whites and greens separated
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups fish or seafood broth
- 4 lbs. clams, scrubbed
How to prepare
- Heat chorizo iberico and olive oil in a large shallow pot over medium heat. Cook until chorizo is rendered and oil turns red.
- Add potatoes, fennel, onion whites, garlic, and a pinch of black pepper. Then cook until fennel has softened and potatoes are browned, stirring frequently.
- Add white wine and cook until reduced by about half. Then add broth and cook until potatoes are tender. Test for salt and add if necessary.
- Add clams and cook (covered) until they open, about 10 minutes. Discard any clams that didn't open.
- Top with onion greens and fennel fronds and serve immediately.
Learn why our unique Chorizo Ibérico de Bellota is a key piece of the Spanish gastronomy.
Show us your ♥