- 8 fresh scallops
- 5 oz of Acorn-fed Ibérico Ham (2 packages of Ibérico Club’s Pata Negra)
- 3.5 oz of fresh mushrooms
- Mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons of Modena Vinegar
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to prepare
- Clean the scallops and dry them in a paper towel.
- Wrap the scallops in slices of Jamón Ibérico de Bellota and hold them with a toothpick.
- Stir fry the scallops in a hot pan with some olive oil, then lower the heat so you don’t overcook them.
- When the scallops are golden brown on both sides (they still have to be juicy), take them out and take the toothpicks off.
- Wash and dry the greens and place on the side.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the extra virgin olive oil, the Modena vinegar and the salt. Add some of the dressing on the greens and save the rest of the vinaigrette.
- Clean the mushrooms, dry them carefully, and then chop them and stir fry them at high heat with a hint of olive oil.
- As soon as the mushrooms are light brown and crunchy, take them out of the heat and mix with them with the rest of the vinaigrette.
- In a serving plate put a line of greens followed by a line of scallops.
- Finally, add the mushroom vinaigrette and decorate it with some chopped chives.