- 8 fresh scallops
- 5 oz of Acorn-fed Ibérico Ham (2 packages of Ibérico Club’s Pata Negra)
- 3.5 oz of fresh mushrooms
- Mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons of Modena Vinegar
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to prepare
- Clean the scallops and dry them in a paper towel.
- Wrap the scallops in slices of Jamón Ibérico de Bellota and hold them with a toothpick.
- Stir fry the scallops in a hot pan with some olive oil, then lower the heat so you don’t overcook them.
- When the scallops are golden brown on both sides (they still have to be juicy), take them out and take the toothpicks off.
- Wash and dry the greens and place on the side.
- For the vinaigrette, mix the extra virgin olive oil, the Modena vinegar and the salt. Add some of the dressing on the greens and save the rest of the vinaigrette.
- Clean the mushrooms, dry them carefully, and then chop them and stir fry them at high heat with a hint of olive oil.
- As soon as the mushrooms are light brown and crunchy, take them out of the heat and mix with them with the rest of the vinaigrette.
- In a serving plate put a line of greens followed by a line of scallops.
- Finally, add the mushroom vinaigrette and decorate it with some chopped chives.
You are now ready to enjoy your Scallop Salad with Iberico Ham and Mushroom vinaigrette!
View our free Tapas Academy video recipes!