You are going to fall in love with this healthy and unique recipe. It’s also one of the non-typical dishes that will leave your guests impressed and wanting to come back (make sure this is what you want…Lol). The earthiness of the beets with the Manchego Cheese and the tanginess of the Orange Vinaigrette is really special. And of course the crunchiness of the Marcona Almonds, the Queen of Almonds!
- 4 medium beets
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Zest from one orange
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 oz. Manchego Gran Reserva Cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup marcona almonds, chopped
How to prepare
- Place beets in a baking dish and add enough water so that it hits about 3/4 up on the beets. Add a pinch or two of salt, a pinch of fresh ground pepper, and cover with foil. Bake at 425ºF until a pairing knife can easily pierce all the way through each beet, about 60-75 minutes.
- While beets are cooking, whisk zest, garlic, orange juice, a pinch of salt, and fresh ground pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil to combine.
- Remove beets from the liquid and let cool for about 5 minutes, or until they are cool enough to handle. Cut beets into wedges, toss with dressing and another pinch of salt while still warm, and let them marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Lay beets out on a serving plate and drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Top with shaved Manchego Gran Reserva cheese and marcona almonds.
Here are a few other delicious recipes and Tapas with our Award-Winning Manchego cheese: