How To Open A Whole Jamón Ibérico De Bellota from Ibérico Club 1309 Views
You have received an impressive Whole Jamón Pata Negra, and now you need to get ready to enjoy it. The first time it can be a little bit overwhelming, but there’s nothing to worry about.
Opening a new Whole Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota is kind of a ritual. Exciting moments ahead! You want to take your time to do it right and make sure everything looks good.
Before starting, find a place where you can get your hands greasy. Have plenty of paper towel available to clean the melted fat covering the jamón. Scissors and a good serrated knife come in very handy. Now you’re ready to start!
Brought to you by Tapas Academy from Ibérico Club
How to prepare
- 1.Open the box and take out the Whole bone-in jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota.
- 2.Remove the plastic seal.
- 3.Remove the small pieces of fabric that protect the hoof and hipbone.
- 4.Clean the excess of melted fat with a paper towel.
- 5.Place the ham firmly in the ham holder provided by Ibérico Club with the “Maza” (thicker side) facing up.
- 6.Ideally let it breath for a day at room temperature (It’s ok if you can’t wait. We get it).
- 7.With a serrated knife make a diagonal deep cut into the shank until you hit the bone.
- 8.Remove the skin and yellow fat from the area where you’ll start slicing the ham.
- 9.Save 3 or 4 slices of fat to cover the exposed meat surface when done slicing for the day.
- 10.Now you are ready to start slicing the ham.