As easy as it is, you have to make sure you make some things the right way. This iconic Spanish Tapa has to be treated the proper way.
First of all, make sure you buy the real Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota. At Ibérico Club we offer the authentic one, carved by hand and imported by air to maintain freshness.
Second, make sure the Jamón is at room temperature before enjoying. Eating Jamón Pata Negra cold is like drinking a glass of warm Champagne. If you just took it out of the fridge and you don’t want to leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes before opening, then put it under running warm water for a few minutes.
Finally, to do things the traditional and proper way, use a white round plate. Also place the slices of jamón with the fat of each slice all facing the outer side of the plate. And leave half inch around the rim of the plate so when you pick up the plate you don’t touch the jamón you are going to share.
Brought to you by Tapas Academy from Ibérico Club
How to prepare
- First of all make sure the vacuum sealed package of hand carved Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota is at room temperature. If not, place the sealed package under warm water for a few minutes before opening.
- Open the package and carefully separate the slices one by one.
- Place the slices of hand carved jamón in a round white plate forming a circle with the fat of each slice all facing the same side. Make sure you leave half inch around the rim of the plate so when you pick up the plate you don't touch the jamón.
- Add some traditional Picos Camperos (bread sticks) in the center of the plate to add some crunchiness to it.
- Enjoy with friends and family!