This is one of those tapas that will leave no one indifferent. You can enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Any time of the day is perfect to savor a good poached egg with the finest cured meat on earth.
It’s very important that the poached egg has a soft consistency and the yolk has a nice, soft golden lava flow. The trick here is not to boil the water but let it with a slight simmer during the 3 short minutes the egg needs to poach.
A good fresh white bread is important, but the key to the perfect tapa is to use the finest cured meat on earth to top it: Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota.
- Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota
- Loaf of white ciabatta bread
- Fresh egg
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
How to prepare
- Fill a deep pan with water and heat it until slightly simmering.
- With a spoon swirl the water to create a circular flow and carefully introduce a fresh egg in the center of the pan.
- Cover the pan and wait for 3 minutes at medium heat. Make sure the water doesn't boil so the egg doesn't break.
- Grill a slice of bread with some extra virgin olive oil.
- Put some slices of the best Jamón 100% Ibérico de Bellota.
- Top the toast with the poached egg
- Add some extra virgin olive oil, some salt and pepper. Enjoy!